How the Atlanta Dog Squad Adoption Process Works
1. Complete the adoption application and submit it with the application fee. Our goal is permanent, loving homes for all of the retrievers in our program. To make the best match possible – for both you and our dogs – we need to learn more about your lifestyle, family and home environment. The adoption application helps us accomplish this.
2. We review your application and check references*. You’re contacted about the status of your application (Please allow us a week to get back to you. We’re a small group of volunteers with full-time jobs who respond to dozens of applications each week. Don’t worry. We’re eager to find a retriever for you.)
3. Home Visit A home visit will be scheduled, and an ADS volunteer will come to your home to get a feel for where the dog will be living and to sit down with you to better understand what kind of dog would fit best with your family.
4. You’ll receive final notice regarding your application. You’ll attend our Meet ‘n Greets to get to know the retrievers available for adoption and find the best match for you and your family.
5. An adoption agreement is completed and you receive medical records for the retriever you’ve adopted.
6. You go home with a new family member — a loveable, adorable retriever!
* We reserve the right to refuse an applicant if the home situation is incompatible with the needs of a rescue retriever. Submission of an application does not guarantee that a specific Squad Dog can be adopted.